Adai Recipe / Adai Dosa / How To Make Adai Dosa / Multi Dal Dosa
Adai recipe is a healthy breakfast recipe from the South India. Adai is made of lentils and rice. It is a crispy crepe made with a combination of chana dal, urad dal, moong dal and rice. Adai dosa is a delicious lentil based pancake recipe which is best enjoyed with a spicy chutney.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Chana Dal (split Bengal gram) – 1 cup
- Rice – 1 cup
- Urad Dal (skinned split black lentils) – 1 cup
- Yellow Moong Dal /Split Yellow Gram – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak the dal and the rice for overnight.
- In a grinder, add soaked rice and dal with salt, little water and red chili, make a paste.
- Add the cumin seeds and mix well.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan and lightly use the ladle to spread the batter into a circular shape from the center outwards, make a circle of diameter roughly 5-6″.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the adai to allow oil to go under it.
- Flip now and cook it till the other side turns little golden brown.
- Server hot adai with green coriander chutney.