Aloo Curry Recipe / Punjabi Aloo Curry Recipe / How To Make Aloo Curry Recipe
Aloo curry recipe is a delicious Punjabi gravy curry. Aloo curry is a popular north indian vegetable recipe where in potatoes are cooked with spicy tomato gravy and garnished with coriander leaves. You can enjoy with poori or jeera rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Potato (boil, 4 potato cut into cubes and 1 potato mash it) – 4-5 nos.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for frying –
- Chopped Tomato – 2 medium
- Chopped Onion – 1-2 medium
- Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chili – 1-2 nos.
- Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- In a grinder, add onion, green chili, garlic, tomato and ginger, make a smooth puree and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seeds and fry for 3-4 min.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt, mix well.
- Add smooth puree and fry for 4-5 min or it till oil appears on the sides of the pan.
- Add potatoes and 11/2 cups of water, boil it.
- Cook it till the gravy becomes little thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot punjabi aloo curry with rice/poori/paratha/roti.
ALOO CURRY RECIPE was last modified: March 24th, 2014 by