Arbi Ka Rasam / Arvi Ka Salan / Khatti Arabi Ka Rasam Recipe / Colocasia Rasam
Arbi Ka Rasam is an essential Andhra Recipe. It tastes very good and tangy with plain rice. Arbi Ka Rasam is simple and easy to make. Rasam is made from tamrind, jaggery, spices and onion, then it is cooked with arbi or colocasia or taro root or arvi pieces.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Arbi (boiled, peel and cut into medium cubes) – 6 nos.
- Finely Chopped Onion – 2 medium
- Tamrind Juice – 4 tbsp
- Jaggery – small piece
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 2-3 nos.
- Curry Leaves – 4-5 nos.
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seed, cumin seed and curry leaves, fry for 2 or 3 min.
- Add onion and garlic, fry for a few minutes.
- Add tamarind juice, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 min.
- Add boiled arbi cubes and 1/2 cup of water, mix well.
- Remove pan from the stove after 5 or 7 minutes.
- Serve arbi ka rasam with plain rice.