Badam burfi recipe is made of protein-rich almonds, less ghee and sugar, flavored with saffron and cardamom. This Almond Barfi can be preserved in an airtight container at room temperature for around 3 to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Badam or Almond – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- A few Saffron (Kesar) Stand
- Ghee for Greasing
- In a big bowl, add the almonds and enough hot water, cover with a lid and keep aside.
- Soak for 2 hours and drain well.
- Peel the almonds.
- In a grinder, add soaked almond and make a fine paste and keep aside.
- Ina small bowl, add saffron and 2 tbsp of warm milk, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in non-stick pan on low flame, add the almond paste and mix well.
- Cook for 4 to 5 min and while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Keep cooking till it dries out, becomes thick and will come together like a big lump. It takes 15 to 17 min.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour it into a greased plate.
- Spread it evenly and smooth out surface.
- Then cut it into desired shapes (round, square or diamond shape).
- Cool and keep aside for 30 min.
- Store in an airtight container.
BADAM BURFI RECIPE was last modified: June 11th, 2019 by