Baigan Bharta / Baingan Bharta Recipe / Baingan Bharta Punjabi
Baingan Bharta Recipe is so easy to make and has a lovely smokey flavor from the roasted baingan-eggplant. Baingan Bharta is one of the most popular and favourite baingan recipe. Its a simple baingan bharta recipe without the use of many masala and spices.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Bringal – 2 big nos.
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Ginger-Garlic – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Cut the brinjal into slits into it and salt the brinjal well, rub some oil into outside and put it on a chapatti roasting net or a grill pan on the gas flame and you can also put it in open flame on the gas burner.
- Roast the brinjal for 30 minutes or till it gets soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seed, ginger garlic and green chili, stir fry for 2-3 min.
- Add onions, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 4-5 min.
- Add mashed brinjals, salt and lemon juice, mix well and fry for 5-6 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot baingan bharta with tandoori roti or paratha.