Dry Cabbage Curry / Bandhakopi Tarkari / Bengali Cabbage Curry
Bandhakopi Tarkari is a simple and delicious side dish cooked in Bengali style. Bandhakopi means cabbage. Dry Cabbage Curry is made of beans, cabbage, potato and panch phoran. You can serve with steamed rice and any kind of dal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Green Hyacinth Bean – 7-8 nos.
- Cabbage – 2 cup
- Chopped Potato – 1 nos.
- Panch Phoran (mustard seed, cumin seed, sauf, methi and kalonji) – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Tomato (optinal) – 1/2 cup
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan on medium flame, add panch phoron and bay leaf, fry for 1-2 min.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt, mix well.
- Add cabbage, beans and potato.
- Stir fry for few min or till the masala is evenly coated over the vegetables.
- Add tomato and mix well.
- Add sugar and little bit of water.
- Cover and cook till vegetable gets soft.
- Serve hot bandhakopi torkari with rice.
BANDHAKOPI TARKARI was last modified: March 24th, 2014 by