Aloor-Arbi Dom / Bengali Aloor Dom Recipe
Bengali Aloor Dom Recipe is a delicious spicy and tangy recipe. It is also called Potato-Aloo Dum Curry. Aloor Dom is made of boiled potato-arbi in the tomato and onion gravy and spices. You can try this curry with roti / rice /paratha.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Arbi or Potatoes (boiled and cut in medium size cubes) – 5-6 nos.
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 lareg
- Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Tomato – 1 medium
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Bay Leaf (tej patta) – 1-2 nos.
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add potato.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown, keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, garlic, ginger and onion, fry for 5-8 min.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and fry for 5 min.
- Add tomato, cover and cook for 5-6 min.
- Add fried potato, stir fry gets coated evenly with spices.
- Add little water, cover and cook for 6-7 min or it till potato are done at low.
- Add garam masala and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves .
- Serve hot aloor dum curry with roti/rice.
BENGALI ALOOR DOM RECIPE was last modified: March 24th, 2014 by