Bengali Chum Chum / Bengali Cham Cham Recipe
Bengali Cham Cham Recipe is is a traditional Bengali Sweet. Bengali Cham Cham Recipe is made by using maida flour, cream, sugar, lemon juice and pistachio. You can enjoy soft, spongy and flavorful sweet Chum Chum. You can garnish it in 3 ways – by sprinkling the pistachio pieces on the top or by rolling in the dry coconut powder or by pouring 1 tbsp of cream on the top.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Milk – 1 Ltrs.
- Lemon Juice – 2-3 tbsp
- Sugar – 21/2 cup
- Maida Flour – 1 tbsp
- Mawa – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar – 2-3 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Pistachios – 2 tbsp
- For making stuff:—-
- In a bowl, add cardamom powder, mawa, powdered sugar and pistachios, mix well and keep aside.
- For making chena:—-
- Boil the milk in a pan, when milk is boiled, add lemon juice and as soon as you add lemon juice, The curd will start separating from the whey, turn off the heat.
- Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using a strainer line with cheesecloth, or muslin cloth.
- Wrap the curds in a muslin cloth, rinse under cold water, and squeeze well and this process takes out the sourness from the lemon, keep it over night or as long as possible.
- In a bowl, add chena and knead it to make it as soft and smooth dough.
- Add flour and continue kneading till all grains disappear.
- Make oval shape with the chenna and keep aside.
- Heat the water in pan on high heat, add sugar and stir it till sugar melts.
- When the syrup is boiled, sugar is melted, put each ball one at a time in the syrup and leave some space for the rossogollas to swell and they will double in size.
- Covered and cook on low flame for 30 min.
- Now turn off the gas and allow to cool.
- Take out cham cham in any big bowl along with sugar syrup.
- After soaking cham cham for 4-5 hours and cooling it down, take it out from sugar syrup.
- Cham cham has become cold, sweet and hard and slit it from center keeping it joint from one side.
- Divide the mix equally between the cham cham.
- Garnish with pistachios pieces.
- Store chamcham in freezer.