Besan And Sooji Ka Cheela / Rava Besan Ka Cheela / Suji N Besan Dosa / Rawa Besan Cheela
Besan And Sooji Ka Cheela is a great, tasty, nutritious dish to serve for breakfast. Traditionally a cheela is made with besan-chick pea flour and rawa, but there are several variations you can add spices and chopped vegetables. Cheela usually served with chutney and raita. Cheela is made with rawa, besan, onions, coriander leaves and some spices. It is quick to prepare and can be served many different ways.
- Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Rawa – 11/2 cup
- Besan – 11/2 cup
- Curd (Dahi) – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for frying –
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- In a bowl, add 2 cups of water and curd, beat to turn it into buttermilk.
- Add rawa and besan in the buttermilk and blend them well using a spoon, the mixture should be uniform and smooth.
- Add salt, keep aside for 25-30 min.
- Now add onion, green chili, ginger and coriander leaves in the mixture, mix well.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan and lightly use the ladle to spread the batter into a circular shape from the center outwards, make a circle of diameter roughly 4-5″.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the cheela to allow oil to go under it.
- Flip now and cook it till the other side turns little golden brown.
- Server hot rawa cheela with green coriander chutney.