Broccoli is a vegetable that resembles cauliflower. Broccoli bajji recipe is made by using broccoli florets, besan flour, rice flour, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, baking soda and salt, then deep fry it. You can enjoy it during evening snacks with tea. It can also be taken as a starter or as a tea time snack with green chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato chutney.
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- For the outer coating:——–
- Besan or Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Rice – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbspWater
- Red Chilly Powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Broccoli – 2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Oil for frying
- For coating:—–
- In a big bowl, add gram flour, rice flour, red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt to make bajji flour.
- Add around ½ cup water and mix it well. The batter should not be very thick nor too thin.
- Check the seasonings and adjust according to your taste.
- Keep the ready batter aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame for deep frying the pakoras.
- Put the florets into the batter so that the batter coats it completely.
- Deep fry it till pakora turns little golden brown on both side.
- Drain on a kitchen tissue.
- Serve hot or warm broccoli bajji with tomato sauce or with any chutney of your choice.