Cauliflower Bori Curry / Bengali Cauliflower And Dal Badi Curry
Cauliflower Bori Curry is traditional Bengali Curry. It is very easy to make, tasty and healthy curry recipe. It is made of cauliflower, potato, brinjal and dal vadi fry with panch phoran and spices. You can serve with dal-rice. It is a very nice side dish with main course.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cauliflower (cut into florets and soak in warm water for 10 min) – 1 medium
- Potato (cut into long pieces) – 2 medium
- Brinjal (cut into long pieces) – 1 medium
- Mustard Oil – 3 tbsp
- Panch Phoran (mustard seed, cumin seed, sauf, methi and kalonji) -11/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- Salt as per taste –
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Dal Badi/Bori – 4-5 nos.
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped for garnish) – 2-3 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan on medium heat, add badi.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add cauliflower pieces and potato.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add panch phoran, turmeric powder, red chili powder and garam masala, fry for 2-3 min.
- Add fried cauliflower-potato, brinjal pieces, sugar, salt and coriander powder, mix well.
- Fry it till the potato are well coated with spices.
- Add badi and mix well, cover and cook for 5-6 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot cauliflower bori curry with dal-rice.