Chana Dal Fry Recipe / Punjabi Dhaba Dal Tadka Recipe / Punjabi Dal Fry
Chana dal fry is North Indian style chana dal masala and popular Indian dal recipe. Dal Fry is a spicy punjabi dish made from mixed dals like chana, urad and rajama. The chana-dal mixture is cook in pressure cooker till the dal gets soft. Fried with butter, cumin seeds, garlic, onions, green chili, tomato and indian spices, garnish with coriander leaves and butter on top. Serve with roti or naan or paratha.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-5
- Skill Level: Medium
- Chana Dal – 3/4 cup
- Whole Urad Dal – 3/4 cup
- Rajma – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Garlic – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Onion – 2 medium
- Chopped Tomato – 2 medium
- Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for frying –
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Wash and soak rajma, chana dal and urad dal for overnight.
- Cook rajma and dal with water and salt.
- Cook it till dal gets soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan on low flame, add garlic and fry it till it turns little golden brown.
- Add onions and green chili and saute for 2-3 minutes till onions turns little golden brown.
- Add tomato, red chili powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and cook it till tomato are cooked and masala is properly done.
- Add boiled dal and cook for 3-4 min.
- Add salt and cook it till you get a serving consistency.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and butter on top.
- Serve hot dhaba dal with roti/naan/paratha.