Coconut Chutney Recipe / Nariyal Ki Chutney
Coconut Chutney Recipe is a South Indian spicy chutney. Coconut Chutney is made of grated coconut, green chili and channa dal, tadka with curry leaves, mustard leaves and urad dal. You can serve with idli, dosa, cooked rice and uttapam.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Fried Gram/Roasted Channa Dal/Pottu Kadali – 1/2 cup
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Urad Dal – 1/2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- In a grinder, add coconut, pottu kadalai, salt and green chili with 1/2 cup of water and make a coarse paste.
- Transfer in to bowl and keep aside.
- For Tadka:—
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seed, curry leaves and urad dal, fry for 3-4 min.
- Pour in the grinded chutney.
- Serve coconut chutney with idli/dosa.
COCONUT CHUTNEY RECIPE was last modified: April 22nd, 2014 by