Coconut peda recipe are simply delicious fudge recipe made from coconut and milk powder. Coconut burfi is the one of the simplest traditional sweet recipe. Coconut peda recipe was made of coconut, milk and sugar, but there are also many version made without using milk. Coconut burfi can made be many ways.
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Grated or Desiccated coconut – 1 cup
- Ghee or butter – 1-2 tbsp
- Milk powder – ¼ cup
- Condensed Milk – ½ cup
- Rose water – ½ tsp
- Cardamom powder -1 tsp
- Pistachios – a few to garnish
- Heat the ghee in non-stick pan on medium flame, add the desiccated coconut.
- Roast it for 2 min and once coconut starts releasing aroma take out the roasted coconut and keep aside.
- Now in the same pan on medium low flame, add 2 tbsp of ghee and melt the ghee.
- Pour condensed milk and cook for a minute.
- Add milk powder, roasted desiccated coconut, cardamom powder and rose water, mix well.
- Stir for 1-2 min and check the consistency of the mixture (It should be gluey and do not cook for more time otherwise peda will be hard and chewy).
- Switch off the flame immediately and transfer the mixture in to the plate.
- Keep aside for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Now the mixture is ready to make a pedas out of it.
- Grease a plate with ghee and your palms to shape the coconut peda.
- Garnish with pistachios when still warm.