Dhokla In Microwave Oven/ Khaman Dhokla / Microwave Dhokla Recipe / Dhokla Recipe In Microwave
Dhokla in microwave oven is a vegetarian food that originates from Gujarat. Dhokla is a similar gram flour-based food. Dhokla is made with a fermented batter from gram flour, rawa-rava and eno, garnish with coriander leaves and fry green chili, mustard seed and curry leaves. Eno is added in dhokla to make it more soft, fluffy and spongy. You can serve as a breakfast or main course or side dish or as a snack with fried green chilli and green chutney.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Rawa – 1/4 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 medium size
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Eno – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
For Tadka:—- –
- Green Chili (cut into lengthwise) – 2-3 nos.
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- In a bowl, add gram flour, rawa and little water at a time.
- Stir it till all lumps get dissolved and batter should not be too thick or too thin in consistency.
- Add ginger, salt, turmeric powder and 1 tsp of sugar, mix well.
- Add lemon juice in the batter and keep aside for 20 min or batter becomes puffy.
- After 20 minutes add eno and mix really well and batter seems to become puffy.
- Take microwave safe bowl and grease it with some oil.
- Now pour the batter in microwave safe bowl, cover the bowl and place it in microwave.
- Cook for 4-5 min at 100% power.
- Check with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, it is cooked.
- Cut into squares or diamonds and keep in the plate.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seed, curry leaves, sesame seeds and fry for few minutes.
- Now add green chili and ½ cup of water and 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Cook it till water starts boiling and sugar melts completely.
- Now pour the tadka water on dhokala pieces with help of a spoon and dhokala absorbs the water and becomes soggy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot dhokla with green chutney.