Dry Fruit Barfi Recipe is famous diwali Indian sweet recipe. Dry fruit burfi or ladoo is a very tasty Indian Sweet or Dessert with dates, figs, pista, kaju, almond, walnut and raisins. It is a sugar-free, fat-free and vegan sweet recipe.
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Dried Figs or Anjeer – 1 cup
- Soft Dates or Khajoor – 3/4 cup
- Chopped Pistachios or Pista – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Kaju or Cashew Nut – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Almond or Badam – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Walnut and Apricot – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tbsp
- Desi Ghee (clarified butter) – 2 tbsp
- Raisins or Kishmish – 1/4 cup
- Cranberries – 1/4 cup
- Sugar or Diet Sugar (if you want more sweet) – 1/2 cup
- Chop dates and figs.
- Dip figs in hot water for 15-20 min.
- Remove the extra water and keep it aside.
- In a blender, add soaked figs and make smooth paste.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add the figs paste.
- Fry for 4 to 5 min and keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add dates, almond, pistachios, raisins, cranberries, walnuts, apricots, kaju and cardamom powder, mix well.
- Pour in a well greased plate (if you want barfi).
- Smoothen the top level.
- Press the top level lightly and allow to cool in refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Cut into square or diamond shape.
- Alternately you can make ladoos.
- Store the yummy dry fruits barfi in an airtight jar.
DRY FRUIT BARFI RECIPE was last modified: October 21st, 2019 by