Fried vegetable balls recipe is a yummy and easy to make snacks recipe. Fried vegetable balll are made by potato, pea, beans, capsicum, chilli, gram flour and spices. It can also be taken as a starter or as a tea time snack with green chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato chutney.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Boiled and mashed Potato – 2 cup
- Finely Chopped French Beans – 1/2 cup
- Boiled Pea – 3-4 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Finally Chopped Green Chilli – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Plain Flour – 1/2 cup
- Bread Crumbs for rolling
- Oil for deep frying
- In a big bowl, add the plain flour and approx. ¾ cup of water, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan on medium flame, add the green chillies, ginger and garlic paste, mix well.
- Fry on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the french beans and capsicum, mix well.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder and soy sauce, mix well.
- Add the mashed potatoes, green peas and salt, mix well.
- Cook it for 2 minutes and while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 14-15 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- Dip each ball into the prepared plain flour-water mixture so that it is evenly coated on all the sides.
Then coat the vegetable ball with breadcrumbs and repeat until all ball finished and keep each separately.
Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame and deep fry the cutlets.
- Place the vegetable ball on the hot oil and fry until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.