How To Make Paneer Or Cottage Chesse / How To Make Paneer At Home
This post teaches you making Paneer at home from the milk. Paneer is a very essential ingredient in Indian Recipes. Although the process of making paneer is a very simple and easy to make.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Full Cream Milk – 1 liter
- Vinegar or Lemon juice or Citric acid – 11/2 tbsp
- Boil the milk in a pan.
- When it starts boiling add lemon juice or vinegar or citric acid which ever you are using.
- If citric acid is being used, dissolve it in 2 tbsp water before adding.
- When milk curdles full turn off the gas and keep aside for a min.
- Pour it on to a cotton or muslin cloth and tie it with a tight knot.
- Now place the cloth under heavy weight for 2-3 hours before using it.
- After that remove extra water from the paneer.
- Cut into a rectangular shape.
- You can use in any dry or gravy curry.
- Do not throw away the leftover water as it can be used for kneading chapati or paratha dough.
HOW TO MAKE PANEER AT HOME was last modified: February 5th, 2015 by