Idli is soft, delicious and tasty breakfast recipe. It is very simple and easy to cook. The main ingredients used are rice and urad dal. It is very specific to make the right consistency of batter for preparing soft and fluffy idli. Today, I am telling you how to make soft idli / crispy dosa batter.
- Yield: 3
- Idly Rice – 4 cup
- Urad Dal – 1 cup
- Methi / Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Wash and soak urad dal with methi seeds for 4-5 hour, keep aside.
- In another bowl, take rice wash and soak for 4-5 hour.
- Now drain the excess water from soaked urad dal and rice.
- In a grinder, add the urad dal and little water.
- Make a smooth and fluffy paste, take it out in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a grinder, add soaked idly rice and and little water.
- Make a smooth paste and the rice batter is ready.
- Now in a big bowl, add rice batter, urad dal paste and salt as per taste, mix well.
- Add water and make the batter of smooth consistency.
- For fermentation:— Cover with lid and keep it in a warm place about 6-7 hours.
- After fermenting, the batter is frothy.
- Stir well.
- Now Batter is ready for making idli or crisp dosa.
- Here are recipes for making Idli or Dosa using this batter.