Jawar Uttappa / Jowar Uttapam / Jawar Ka Uttapa / Masala Jowar Uttapam
Jawar Uttappa is made by using jawar flour, rice flour, green chili, ginger, onion, coriander leaves and salt. If you want, you can add other nutritious vegetable. It is nutritious hot breakfast at home and everyone will like it. Jawar Uttappa can make any time. You can serve with coconut chutney and sambhar.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Jawar Flour – 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
- Lukewarm Water – 11/2 cup
- Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for making dosa –
- In a bowl, add jawar flour, rice flour and salt, mix well.
- Add boiling water and make a lump free smooth paste.
- Add the green chili, ginger, onion and coriander leaves, mix well.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan and lightly use the ladle to spread the batter into a circular shape from the center outwards, make a circle of diameter roughly 4-5″.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the uttappa to allow oil to go under it.
- Flip now and cook it till the other side is little golden too.
- Serve hot jawar uttappa with hot sambhar and chutney.