Kaddu Ki Sabzi Recipe / Pumpkin Sabzi
Kaddu Ki Sabzi Recipe is traditional Punjabi Dish. Kaddu ki Subzi is an combination of sweet and salty flavour due to dry mango powder and jaggery. It is made of kaddu, jaggery, onion and other spices. You can serve with poori or paratha or rice.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Pumpkin (wash, peel and chopped) – 1 small seedless
- Methi Seed – 1/4 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chili – 1-2 nos.
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 tbsp
- Grated Jaggery – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add methi seeds and cumin seeds, fry for 3-4 min.
- Add the dry red chili and fry for 2 min.
- Add the pumpkin, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well.
- Add the jaggery and mix well.
- Add water and salt, mix well.
- Cover and cook it till pumpkin gets soft and mushy.
- Now mash the cooked pumpkin with a spoon.
- Add the garam masala and dry mango powder, stir the mashed pumpkin well.
- Fry it till the water evaporate from the sabzi and stir in between.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot pumpkin sabzi with rice or paratha or roti.
KADDU KI SABZI RECIPE was last modified: March 24th, 2014 by