Kasoori Methi With Gobhi / Gobhi Kasoori / Cauliflower With Fenugreek
Kasoori Methi With Gobhi is a simple and delicious dry vegetarian subzi. The fragrance of kassori methi makes gbhi curry more delicious. Kasoori Methi Gobhi is prepared by stir frying cauliflower florets with kasuri methi/dried methi leaves and some Indian spice. You can serve it with dal-rice or paratha or kadhi-rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Gobhi (cut into big pieces) – 1 medium
- Methi leaves (Wash and Finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Fresh Curd – 1/2 cup
- Ginger Paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chili – 1-2 nos.
- Oil for deep frying – 2-3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- A pinch Asafoetida – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Heat the water in a pan, add a pinch salt and turmeric powder, boil it.
- When it’s start boil, add gobhi and cook for 5-7 min.
- Remove the extra water and keep aside.
- In a grinder, add curd, ginger paste and green chili, make a fine paste.
- Add gobhi pieces with little salt in the curd mixture and mix well, cover and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add the gobhi pieces with curd mix.
- Fry it till they turns light golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a same pan on low flame, add hing, cumin seed, turmeric powder, coriander powder and methi leaves, mix well and stir fry for 4-5 min.
- Add fried gobhi and fry for 5-6 min.
- Add coriander powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot kasoori methi with gobhi with roti/paratha.