Khas Khas Ka Halwa Recipe / Poppy Seed Ka Halwa
Khas khas ka halwa recipe is made of poppy seed, sugar and milk. Poppy seeds are commonly called Khus, Khas grass, khas khas. Khas khas ka halwa is given to new mothers. It provides strength and improves new mother’s health very fast. It can be stored in refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Poppy Seed or Khas Khas – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 11/4 cup
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Chopped Almond – 1/4 cup
- Clean and wash the poppy seeds.
- Soak in water for 5-6 hours.
- Remove the excess water and keep aside.
- In a grinder, add soaked poppy seed and little milk, make fine paste.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add khus khus paste into it.
- Stir continuously.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown color and nice aroma emits from it.
- Take out fried khus khus in a bowl.
- Heat the in a pan on medium flame, add sugar and milk.
- Cook it till sugar gets dissolve completely.
- Add fried khus khus into it.
- Cook it till it gets thick consistency.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with almonds.
- Serve hot khus khus halwa.