Lauki ka raita recipe is made of grated kaddu or lauki, curd, roasted cumin powder and salt. Lauki is also known as milk gourd or calabash gourd or doodhi or ghia. It is one of the most famous raita recipe. Lauki ka raita recipe is healthy dish prepared with lauki. Lauki ka raita recipe can be served as a side dish for biryani or chapati or paratha or roti or dal-rice. This raita tastes great when served chilled.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1-2
- Skill Level: Easy
- Grated Bottel Gourd or Lauki – 1 cup
- Curd or Dahi – 2 cup
- Rock salt or Salt to taste –
- Roasted Crused Cumin Seed Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Heat the water in a pan on medium flame, add grate bottel gourd or lauki.
- Boil it till lauki gets soft.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, add curd and beat it.
- Now add boiled lauki or kaddu, roasted cumin powder and salt, mix well.
- Serve it chilled.