MANGO BURFI RECIPE / MANGO COCONUT BURFI / HOW TO MAKE MANGO BURFI
Mango Burfi Recipe is delicious Indian sweet recipe especially for those who love mangoes. It is a very simple, delicious and easy to make. Mango burfi is made of mango pulp, milk powder and grated coconut, flavoured with cardamom powder and garnish with pista, almond and cashew.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Mango Pulp or Puree – 2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk Powder – 1 cup
- Chopped Pista and Almond – 1/4 cup
- Green Cardamom Powder – 1-2 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Pour the mango pulp into a heavy bottom pan and place it over medium flame.
- When it starts to thicken remove from the flame.
- Now add milk powder, grated coconut, sugar and mix well until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Place it back over low flame and stir well.
- Add ghee and stir gently.
- Keep cooking till it dries out, becomes thick and will come together like a big lump. It takes 17- 20 min.
- Turn off the stove.
- Then add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour it into a greased plate.
- Spread it evenly and smooth out surface.
- Spread chopped cashews, almonds and pistachios on top and press lightly.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- Then cut it into desired shapes (round, square or diamond shape).
- Store in an airtight container.