Masala Rajma / Red Kidney Beans Curry / How To Make Rajma Masala Curry
Masala rajma is typical dhaba dish, very flavorful and famous North Indian dish. Kidney bean is a part of regular diet in Northern India. Rajma masala with plain rice is a favorite dish of North Indians. Red Kidney beans or rajma are soaked for overnight and cooked in a rich onion-tomato spicy gravy and garnished with coriander leaves and onion slices. You can enjoy with rice or roti or paratha or naan or jeera rice, pickle and papad.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Rajma (boiled) – 1 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chilies – 2 nos.
- Garlic-Ginger Paste – 1 tsbp
- Finally Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Tomato Puree – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 2-3 tsbp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 2 tbsp
- Onion (Slices) – 1/4 cup
- Wash and soak rajma for 8 hours or overnight.
- Boil soaked rajma in pressure cooker, add 4 cups of water and ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook it till gets soft and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat and add cumin seed, dry red chili, garlic, ginger and onion.
- Fry it till onions turns light brown.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add cooked rajma with water and cook it till gravy will becomes thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and sliced onion.
- Serve hot rajma masala with plain plain rice or roti or paratha or naan or jeera rice, pickle and papad.