Medu Vada Recipe / Medu Vada / How to make Medu Vada
Medu vada is one of my favorite snack. Medu Vada Recipe are a traditional South Indian dish which can be served as a main course or snack. This crispy deliciousness is made with spiced urad dal batter and fried in donut shape dumplings. You can serve with sambar and coconut chutney.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Skill Level: Medium
- Urad Dal – 3 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for frying –
- Wash and soak urad dal for 8 hours.
- In a grinder, add soaked dal and make a fine paste.
- Add cumin seeds, grated coconut and salt, make round shape cutlets with dents in the middle.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame for deep frying, slide the round shaped cutlets.
- Fry it till turns golden brown colour.
- Serve hot medu wada with sambar and coconut chutney.