Mixed Vegetable Pulao / Vegetable Pulao / Veg Pulao Recipe / How To Make Vegetable Pulao
Mixed vegetable pulao is a easy to make, delicious and flavored Indian rice recipe. Pulao is the most comforting one pot meal. Mixed vegetable pulao is a dish of steamed rice stir-fried in a pan and mixed with other ingredients, such as vegetables and Indian spices. Cooked rice stir-fried with bay leaf, cinnamon, cumin seed, cloves, onion and cardamom, fry for 2-3 min, then add carrot, beans ad cauliflower, garnish with coriander leaves and fried paneer cubes. You can serve with curd, pickle and salad. You can also add such other vegetables broccoli, celery, corn, mushrooms and peppers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Basmati Rice (soaked for 10 min) – 2 cup
- Onion (cut into thin slice) – 1 cup
- Chopped Carrot – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Beans – 1/4 cup
- Cauliflower (cut into small florets) – 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Cloves – 2 nos.
- Cardamom – 2-3 nos.
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Bay Leaf – 1 nos.
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Fried Paneer Cubes – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a pan on a medium flame, add bay leaf, cinnamon, cumin seed, cloves and cardamom.
- Fry it till gets a nice fragrance.
- Add the onion and fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Add carrot, beans and cauliflower, fry for 4-5 min.
- Add sokaed rice and mix well.
- Fry for 5-6 min.
- Add the 3 cups of water, salt and lemon juice, mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook it till rice gets soft.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and fried paneer cubes.
- Serve hot mixed vegetable pulao with raita or curd or pickle.