Multi Grain Roti Recipe / How To Make Multi Grain Roti Recipe
Multigrain roti prepared with millet, maize, wheat, ragi, onion, tomato, green chili, Indian Spices and bean flour. Multigrain Roti is very easy and full of nutrition. Instead of buying multigrain atta from the store, I have mixed 4 kinds of flour or atta. For this roti I have used a mix of gehun ka atta (whole wheat flour), jowar (White Millet Flour), bajra atta (pearl millet) and ragi. This roti is packed with iron, protein, fiber and vitamins. Bajra is a rich source of insoluble fiber. It is helps in controlling blood sugar levels and is a great food for bone health.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Jowar or White Millet Flour – 1/4 cup
- Bajra or Pearl Millet Flour – 1/4 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour or Gehun Ka Atta – 1/4 cup
- Ragi or Red Millet Flour – 1/4 cup
- Besan or Gram Flour – 2-3 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 3-4 tbsp
- Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing and cooking
- In a big bowl, add all flour, onion, tomato, coriander leaves, green chili, Turmeric powder and salt, mix well.
- Knead in to soft dough using enough water.
- Divided the dough into 6-7 portions and keep aside for 4-5 min.
- Take a small portion of dough and mash with hands it till soft and make a small ball, flatten with palms.
- Rub some water on your palms and press with fingers to enlarge this dough ball, now press with your palms to make a round of 3-4 inch in diameter.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa.
- Place the roti carefully over it and turn when one side is done.
- When other side is also cooked and cook directly on low flame, turning around until both sides are brown.
- Smear the ghee in the roti.
- Serve hot multigrain roti with curd.