Namkeen Moong Dal Recipe / Crispy Fried Moong Dal / Deep Fried Moong Dal / How To Make Fried Moong Dal
Namkeen moong dal recipe is one of the crispy, tasty and protein rich tea-time snack. Moong dal namkeen is popular snack in North India. You can make this for Holi, Diwali or just for a snack. This is one of most easy namkeen recipe with minimal ingredients. You can serve with tea or coffee.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Yellow Moong Dal – 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying – 1 cup
- Chat Masala – 1 tbsp
- Crushed Dry Mint Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- In a bowl, add turmeric powder in the water and soak moong dal for 1 hour.
- Heat the water in a pan, add soaked dal and boil it for 5 min.
- Spread dal on a kitchen towel and let it dry.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cooked and dried dal.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown and crisp.
- When it cools down, add chaat masala, dry pudina leaves and black pepper powder, mix well.
- Serve crispy moong dal with a cup of hot tea.