Orange Masoor Dal Soup / How To Make Orange Masoor Dal Soup / Lentil Soup Recipe / How To Make Dal Soup
Orange masor dal soup is delicious and tasty Indian Soup recipe. Masoor dal is a storehouse of nutrients like protein, folic acid, iron and zinc. You can serve with bread sticks or sandwich or have it just by itself as a starter. Orange masoor dal is a delicious soup where all the flavours come together beautifully. It is made of masoor dal, onion, carrot, pumpkin, orange juice and Indian spices. Garnish with cream, curd and orange rind.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 5-6
- Skill Level: Medium
- Masoor Dal – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 3 Medium
- Grated Carrot – 1 nos.
- Finely Chopped Celery – 1 stalk
- Grated Red Pumpkin – 3 tbsp
- Vegetable Stock – 5 cup
- Orange Juice – 2 cup
- Bay Leaf (tej patta) – 2 nos.
- Cinnamon Powder – a pinch
- Salt and Pepper as per taste –
For Garnish:—— –
- Sour Cream – 2 tbsp
- Hung Curd – 2 tbsp
- Orange Rind – few
- Wash and soak masoor dal for 3-4 hour.
- Place soaked dal in a large microwave casserole.
- Add butter, cover and cook for 6-7 min at 100%.
- Add the onions, carrot, pumpkin and celery, mix well.
- Cover and cook on 100% for 5-6 min.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable stock, orange juice, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 20-21 min at 50%.
- Discard the bay leaf and pour the remaining vegetable stock.
- Cover and again cook for 4-5 min at 75%.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- In a blender, cooked mixture and blend well till it becomes smooth.
- Now keep it back in the microwave and cook for 12-15 min at 50 %.
- Add the cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Transfer into serving bowl.
- Garnish with cream, curd and orange rind.
- Serve hot orange masoor dal soup with bread stick.