Palak Thepla Recipe / How To Make Palak Theplas / Gujarati Thepla Recipe
Palak thepla recipe is a healthy Snacks recipe and famous Gujarati breakfast recipe in Gujarat. Palak is a main ingredient in palak thepla. You can make thepla for lunch, dinner or any other time. Palak Thepla is a Gujarati flatbreads made from palak-spinach, whole wheat flour along with some spices. You can serve with curd or pickle.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Palak (Wash and Finely chopped) – 1 cup
- Wheat Flour(atta) – 11/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 cup
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil (For Dough) – 2 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- In a bowl, add atta, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, red chili powder, palak and mustard oil, mix well.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency and cover it and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Then make small balls and roll them like parathas.
- Cook on a pre-heated tawa on medium heat and placed rolled thepla on the tawa, cook it gently by pressing spatula or cotton cloth and cook until you see some brown spot on bottom side.
- On other side, flip and cook, when done take it out from tawa and put in casserole to keep it hot.
- If u want more crunchy then cook in low heat.
- Serve hot or cold palak thepla with pickle or curd.