Plain Dosa Recipe / How To Make Plain Dosa / Dosa Recipe
Plain dosa recipe is a very common breakfast and less oil dish in South India. Dosa is a fermented pancake or cheela made from rice and urad dal batter. Dosa is rich in carbohydrates, protein and contains no sugar or saturated fats. Dosa is made in several ways, such as plain dosa, masala dosa, paper dosa, paneer dosa and more. You can serve with hot sambhar or coconut chutney.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Urad (without skin) – 1 cup
- Rice – 4 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- Methi Seed – 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak dal, rice and methi seed for 6-7 hour.
- In a grinder, add soaked dal-rice and make a fine paste.
- Add salt and keep aside for 6-7 hour.
Cook in the non-stick pan on the stove and heat the oil in a tawa on medium flame to make the pan greasy and after that wipe the greased pan with a clean cloth.
- Take a ladle full of dosa batter and drop it at the centre.
- Start spreading the batter in a circular way evenly and cook it for 2-3 min.
Smear some oil on the surface and corners.
Cook for few seconds.
Add the potato masala filling at the centre, fold it.
Remove from the griddle.
Serve it with chutney or sambar.