Potato Adai Recipe / How to Make Potato Adai / Sweet Potato Adai-Pancakes
Potato Adai Recipe is made from rice, masoor dal, urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves, red chili, green chili and potato. It is a very tasty item but if vegetables are added to it, the taste is amazing. It is a delicious and healthy way to start your day. This is a quick breakfast/brunch recipe. This is the regular pan cake mixed with batter and sliced potato.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Skill Level: Medium
- Rice – 2 cup
- Chana Dal (split Bengal gram) – 1 cup
- Masoor Dal – 11/2 cup
- Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
- Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Black Pepper – 5-6 nos.
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Oil for making dosa –
- Potato (thin sliced) – 2 nos.
- Wash and soak the rice, dals, green chili and red chili for 6-7 hour.
- In a grinder, add soaked rice, dal, green chili and red chili, make a smooth paste.
- Add salt and keep a side for 5-6 hour.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now dip the potato slices in the batter and place it on the pan in a circular form.
- Fill the remaining portion with the batter to make a correct circular shape.
- Sprinkle the black pepper powder on the top.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the adai to allow oil to go under it.
- Flip now and cook it till the other side turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot potato adai with hot sambhar and chutney.