Ras Malai Recipe / Rasmalai Recipe / Kesar Rasmalai Recipe / How To Make Ras Malai
Rasmalai Recipe is made by using soft paneer balls dip in chilled condensed milk. Rasmalai is a very popular Indian Bengali sweet prepared with paneer or cottage cheese. Rasmalai soaked in sweetened saffron flavoured milk. This is the quick and easy recipe. Rasmalai is a very popular Indian milk based sweet recipe.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Skill Level: Difficult
For Making Rasmalai—- –
- Milk (for chena) – 1 Ltrs.
- Lemon Juice or Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Saffron – 10-15 pieces
- Chopped Kaju – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tbsp
For Making Milk Mixture—- –
- Milk (for rasmalai milk) – 1 Ltrs.
- Cardamom Powder – 1/8 tbsp
- Chopped Almond – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Pistachio – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- For making chena:—-
- Boil the milk in a pan, when milk is boiled, add lemon juice or vinegar and as soon as you add lemon juice, The curd will start separating from the whey, turn off the heat.
- Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using a strainer line with cheesecloth, or muslin cloth.
- Wrap the chena in a muslin cloth, rinse under cold water and squeeze well and this process takes out the sourness from the lemon, keep it aside.
- Take out chena in plate, mash it chena with help of your hands for 7-8 min or add into grinder and grind it for 3-4 min.
- Knead it make it soft and smooth dough.
- Divide the chena in 10-12 parts and make lemon size balls with the chenna and keep it aside.
- Heat the 21/2 cup of water in pressure cooker on high heat, add sugar and stir it till sugar melts.
- When the syrup is boiled, sugar is melted and put each ball one at a time in the syrup and leave some space for the rasmalai to swell and they will double in size.
- Covered and cook on low flame for 12-15 min.
- Now turn off the gas and allow to cool.
- Take out the rasmalai from the sugar syrup and squeeze them lightly and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a pan on medium flame and stir it continuously once it starts to boil.
- Add saffron and cook it till milk reduces to half.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder, mix well.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio.
- Serve the Rasmalai chilled.