Raw Banana Adai / Adai Recipe
Raw Banana Adai Batter is made up of rice, dals and chilies. It is a lovely items for breakfast and evening snacks. Adai is made out of rice, toovar dal, urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves, red chilli and green chilli. It is a lovely stuff with banana. But if vegies are added to it, the taste is awesome.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Skill Level: Medium
- Banana (peel and cut into slices) – 1 nos.
- Rice – 2 cup
- Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
- Toovar Dal – 1/2 cup
- Chana Dal – 1/4 cup
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil for making dosa –
- Wash and soak the rice, dal, red chili, green chili for 6-7 hour.
- In a grinder, add soaked rice, red chili, green chili and dal, make a fine paste.
- Add salt and keep aside for 5-6 hour.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now dip the banana slices in the batter and place it on the pan in a circular form.
- Fill the remaining portion with the batter to make a circular shape.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the banana adai to allow oil to go under it.
- Flip now and cook it till the other side turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot raw banana adai with chutney.