Raw Banana Yam Pakora Recipe / How To Make Raw Banana Yam Pakora
Pakora is a popular and delicious Indian snack of fried fritters. Raw banana yam pakora is very easy to make and crisp pakora recipe. Pakora is made by using raw banana, yam, besan flour and Indian spices. You can enjoy it during evening snacks with tea. It can also be taken as a starter or as a tea time snack with green chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato chutney.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
For the filling:——–
- Boiled and Mash Raw Banana – 2 nos.
- Boiled and Mashed Yam – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Green chili – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Fresh coriander leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
- Chopped Garlic – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Corriander seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- oil – for frying
For the outer coating:——–
- Besan or Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Rice – 2 tbsp
- Ajwain or Carom Seed – 1/4 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- For stuffing:—
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seed, hing and cumin seed.
- When it is done, add turmeric powder, ginger, green chili, garlic, coriander seed and turmeric powder, mix it well.
- Now add mashed raw banana and yam .
- Add lime juice and coriander leaves, mix well.
- Make lemon sized ball out of it and keep it aside.
- For coating:—–
- In big bowl, add besan, rice, ajwain, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala and coriander powder, mix well.
- Add around ½ cup water and mix it well. The batter should not be very thick nor too thin.
- Check the seasonings and adjust according to your taste.
- Keep the ready batter aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame for deep frying the pakoras.
- Dip the balls one by one into the batter so that the batter coats it completely.
- Deep fry it till pakora turns little golden brown on both side.
- Drain on a kitchen tissue.
- Serve hot or warm raw banana yam pakora with tomato sauce or with any chutney of your choice.