Rice Coriander Mathri Recipe / Mathri Recipe / How To Make Crispy Mathri
Rice coriander mathri recipe is very easy and crunchy Indian snack recipe. Mathri is made of maida flour, coriander leaves and rice dough and seasoned with ajwain or carom seeds, salt and jeera. Then deep fry it till they turns little golden brown and crisp. Mathri is one of the most common afternoon tea time snacks recipe. These crispy mathri can be stored for many days and serve with hot cup of tea or coffee. You can make in any special occasions or festivals or as tea snacks.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Maida or All Fine Flour – 1 cup
- Rice Flour – 2 cup
- Coriander Leaves – 2 cup
- Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp
- Jeera – 1tbsp
- Oil (for dough) – 1/4 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Hing – 1/4 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying –
- In a big bowl, add rice flour, maida, coriander leaves, hing, jeera, salt, ajwain and oil.
- Add enough water and make a stiff dough and keep aside for 10-15min.
- Make round chapatis thicker than normal, cut into diamond shapes or cookie cutters or pizza cutter.
- Do not stack the pieces one above other and separate each cut.
- Heat the oil in a pan on low flame for deep frying and slide the mathri.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown and crisp on both side.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- When they are cooled, store in air tight container.