Rice Khichu Recipe Microwave / Rice Khichu Recipe / Gujarati Khichu Recipe / Gujarati Rice Khichu Recipe
Rice khichu recipe microwave is a traditional Gujarati dish made of rice and flavored with spices. It is a easy to make and easily digestible. Kneaded rice flour made by heating it with water, salt, green chilies and cumin seed, garnish with coriander leaves and ghee. An easy rice dish often made on winter afternoons.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 1-2
- Skill Level: Medium
- Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Green Chili (Paste) – 1 tbsp
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 2-3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped for garnish) – 2-3 tbsp
- Heat the water in microwave safe for 4-5 min at 100% power.
- Add green chili paste, ghee, cumin seeds and salt, mix well.
- Cook for 4-5 min at 100% power or till water comes to boil.
- Add rice flour to hot water, mix well make sure that there is no any lump.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 min at 100% power.
- Mix one more time, again cover and microwave for 3-4 min at 75 % power.
- Cook it till khichu is cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and ghee.
- Serve hot rice khichu.