Ridge Gourd Chutney Andhra Style / Ridge Gourd Chutney Recipe
Ridge Gourd Chutney Andhra Style is delicious and tasty with any snacks. It is very healthy and nutricious ridge dip. It is made of ridge gourd, onion, green chili, garlic, tomato, tamrind juice and coriander leaves. You can store for 2-3 days in a refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chopped Ridge Gourd – 1 cup
- Chopped Onion – 1 small
- Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Chopped Tomato – 1 medium
- Tamrind Juice – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Fried Gram Dal/Roasted Channa Dal/Pottu Kadali – 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Urad Dal – 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 nos.
- Salt as per taste –
- Heat the 2 tbsp of oil in a pan on medium flame, add the mustard seeds and fry for 2-3 min.
- Add urad dal and fry it till urad dal turns golden brown color.
- Add onion and green chili, fry it till onion gets soften.
- Add ridge gourd and garlic clove, fry it till its smell goes off.
- Cook for 3-4 min.
- Add tomato and coriander leaves, cook the tomato for 2 min and keep aside, allow to cool.
- In a grinder, add ridge gourd mix, grated coconut, roasted bengal gram, salt, 1/4 cup of water and tamarind juice, make a fine paste.
- Transfer into serving bowl.
- Serve ridge gourd chutney with rawa dosa.