Ridge Gourd Tomato Curry / Ridge Gourd Curry / Turai Ki Sabzi
Ridge gourd is also known as Chinese Okra or Torai. Ridge gourd tomato curry is a made of ridge gourd or turai cooked with tomato onion curry and Indian spices. Ridge gourd is a very light vegetable that is easy to cook and very nutritious for our body. Ridge gourd is loaded with nutrients such as dietary fiber, vitamin C, riboflavin, zinc, thiamine, iron and magnesium. It is low in fat and calories.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Green Chili (cut into slit) – 2 nos.
- Chopped Ridge Gourd (wash and peel it) – 2 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Chopped Tomato – 2 small
- Oil for frying – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seed, green chili and onion.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, ridge gourd and salt, mix well.
- Cook it till torai gets soft.
- Add tomato, coriander powder, garam masala and red chili powder, mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot ridge gourd curry with roti or paratha.