Sindhi Dal Pakwan Recipe / Dal Pakwan Recipe / Pakwan Daal Recipe
Sindhi dal pakwan recipe is the most famous sindhi breakfast recipe. Crispy maida poori known as Pakwan served with spicy chana dal. Dal pakwan is tasty and spicy Sindhi snack. The dal is thick and spicy. The pakwan use the same papadi dough rolled out into large poori and fry in vegetable oil.
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
For Dal:—- –
- Channa Dal – 1/3 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 large
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1 medium
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- A pinch Hing –
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
For Pakwan/Poori:—- –
- Maida – 11/2 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1/4 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for Dough – 2 tbsp
- For making dal:—
- Wash and soak chana dal for 3-4 hours.
- Cook dal in a pressure cooker with 11/2 cup of water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook it dal is completely cooked.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seed, cumin seed, onion and hing, fry it till turn golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and dry mango powder, mix well.
- Add cooked chana dal and little salt, mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- For making Pakwan/Poori:—-
- Roast the cumin seed and black pepper in a pan, fry for 3-4 min.
- In a mortal and pestle, add roasted cumin seed and black pepper, make a fine powder and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add maida, fine powder, oil and salt, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Divide it in 12 equal portion and make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 3-4 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep fry, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up, It is also important to remember to fry them over medium heat so that they are crisp.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side and fry till turn little brown.
- Serve hot poori with dal.