Sindhi Khichdi Recipe / Sindhi Khichdi / Sindhi Dal Khichdi
Sindhi Khichdi Recipe is light summer meal, simple, healthy, tasty and delicious. Khichdi is one of the easiest healthy rice recipes and requires very little effort. It is a very nice combinations of rice and dal. You can be prepared at any time in lunch or dinner. The rice and dal cooked together along with spices, garnish with coriander leaves and served with desi ghee, raita, mango pickle and papad. You can also add vegetable such as cauliflower, pea, potato, carrot and other healthy vegetable.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Rice – 1 cup
- Toovar Dal – 1/2 cup
- Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
- A pinch Hing –
- Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying – 3-4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1 medium
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as per needed –
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Wash dal and rice, soak for 1/2 hour.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker on medium flame, add hing, mustard seed and green chili.
- Fry for 2-3 min.
- Add tomato, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well.
- Add soaked dal and rice, mix well.
- Add water enough to cook rice and dal.
- Cook it till rice-dal mixture gets soft.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add cumin seed.
- Let the cumin seed crackle, put tempering over cooked khichdi and mix well.
- Add more water to adjust the consistency of khichdi and cook more for 10 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot sindhi khichdi with a pour 1 tbsp of ghee on the top, pickle, papad and curd.