Sindhi Saag Recipe / Sindhi Saag / Sindhi Palak Recipes
Sindhi saag recipe is very popular not just in Sindhi households but all the other communities too. It is very easy to make. It is made of spinach, chana dal, potato, onion, garlic and spices. You can serve with plain rice.
- Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chopped Spinach – 2 cup
- Chana Dal – 1/2 cup
- Potato (peel and cut in to pieces) – 1 small
- Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Finally Chopped Garlic – 3-4 nos.
- A pinch of asafetida –
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 2 tbsp
- Oil for frying – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Wash and soak the chana dal for 1 hour.
- Cook the dal in pressure cooker with spinach, tomato, potato, onion, turmeric, water and salt.
- Cook for 20 min or till dal gets soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seeds, hing and garlic.
- Fry for 3-4 min.
- Add the fried mixture to the cooked chana dal and mix well.
- Cook it till the extra water evaporates.
- Serve hot sindhi saag with plain rice or chapatis.
SINDHI SAAG RECIPE was last modified: April 7th, 2014 by