Soft Idly Recipe / Idliy Reciep / How To Make Soft Idli
Today I am telling you how to make soft idli batter with rice or rava. Soft idli can be made in 2 ways, one is using rice and the other using idli rava. I am sharing both the method. Here are recipes for making rava Idli. Soft Idliy Recipe is a very famous South Indian recipe which is very simple to prepare at home. Idli is served hot with saagu and coconut chutney.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Idly Rice – 4 cup
- Urad Dal – 1 cup
- Methi / Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Wash and soak urad dal with methi seeds for 4-5 hour, keep aside.
- In another bowl, take rice wash and soak for 4-5 hour.
- Now drain the excess water from soaked urad dal and rice.
- In a grinder, add the urad dal and little water.
- Make a smooth and fluffy paste, take it out in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a grinder, add soaked idly rice and and little water.
- Make a smooth paste and the rice batter is ready.
- Now in a big bowl, add rice batter, urad dal paste and salt as per taste, mix well.
- Add water and make the batter of smooth consistency.
- For fermentation:— Cover with lid and keep it in a warm place about 6-7 hours.
- After fermenting, the batter is frothy.
- Stir well and now idly batter is ready.
- Grease the idly holder or idli moulds well with oil.
- Fill each of them with ¾ th full of batter.
- place the idli plate into steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Gently take the soft idlies from the plate using a greased spoon.
- Serve hot idli with coconut chutney.