Sweet Pumpkin Puri Recipe / Red Pumpkin Puri / Bhoplyache Gharge
Sweet Pumpkin Puri Recipe is a traditional Maharashtra Dish. It is basically a sweet puri that has pumpkin puree, jaggery, wheat flour-atta, salt, rawa and fennel seed. It has sweet and salty. Pumpkin Poori is as soft as a normal poori but tastes is different.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Pumpkin Puree – 1 cup
- Grated Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg Powder – 1/8 tbsp
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 2 cup
- Rawa (semolina) – 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 bsp
- Oil for deep frying –
- Water as needed –
- Heat the ghee in a pan on low flame, add pumpkin puree and grated jaggery, stir continuously.
- Cook it till the jaggery melts properly and add nutmeg powder, allow to cool.
- Add wheat flour, fennel seed, little salt and rawa, mix well.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Divide it in 12 equal portion and make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 2 ½ – 3 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side and fry till turns little golden brown.
- After poori cools down, store them in to air tight container.