Til Gud Bati Recipe / Tilkut Gud Mawa Bati Recipe / Til Gur Mawa Bati Recipe
Tilkut Gud Mawa Bati Recipe is an authentic sweet recipe specially prepared during the festival of Makar Sankranti or winter season. Usually we prepare numerous food items using Makar Sankranti like til ladoo, til tikki recipe and tilkut.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Sesame seeds or Til – 2 cups
- Mawa or Khoya – 1 cup
- Grated gur or Jaggery – 1 cup
- Ghee – 4-5 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Almond – 1/2 bowl
- Green cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- For Making Roast the Mawa:——
- Heat the heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add mawa.
- Roast until there is change in color. When the mawa turn little dark in color, transfer it to a plate.
- Now mawa is ready and keep aside.
- Heat the heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add sesame seed.
- Roast it till slight change in the color and they get fluffy and keep stirring constantly. Then turn off the flame.
- Sesame seeds are roasted well, transfer them on to a plate and keep aside, cool them down.
- Do not roast the sesame seeds to much else they might taste bitter.
- In a grinder, add roasted sesame seed and make a coarse powder, keep aside.
- For Making Til Gur Bati:——
- In a pan on low flame, add 1 tbsp of ghee and let it melt.
- The moment the ghee melts, add jaggery to it and let it melt.
- Stir at regular intervals making sure that it does not stick.
- When the jaggery melts and there is nice simmer in the syrup, turn off the flame.
- Mix coarsely ground sesame seeds, almond and cardamom powder, mix everything really well.
- Sesame seeds and jaggery mixture is now ready, transfer it to a bowl.
- When the mixture cools down, add roasted mawa to it and mix everything really well.
- Mixture is now done and ready.
- It is now little warm, let us start making the bati (it will get difficult to bind the batis if the mixture cools down too much).
- Using lightly greased hands, Shape into like peda or bati or desired shapes when still little bit warm.
- Til mawa bati is ready and allow it to cool down.
- Store in any container and relish eating for up to 8 to 10 days.
Tilkut Gud Mawa Bati Recipe was last modified: February 6th, 2020 by