Walnut Burfi Recipe is a delicious Indian dessert which is made without milk. Walnuts paste are cooked along with sugar and ghee. Flavour with cardamom powder. You can make this recipe during festivals or when you have someone coming home. This Almond Barfi can be preserved in an airtight container at room temperature for around 3 to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Walnut or Akhrot – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Clean walnut and add in to the grinder.
- Make a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in non-stick pan on low flame, add the sugar and 1/4 cup of water.
- Cook it for 3-4 min, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the walnut paste and mix well.
- Keep stirring until it gets thickened.
- Add some ghee in between to achieve the proper consistency.
- At the end result will be brown and thick dough, you can take off the burfi dough, when the dough comes together well and does not stick to the sides of the pan.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour it into a greased plate.
- Spread it evenly and smooth out surface.
- Then cut it into desired shapes (round, square or diamond shape).
- Cool and keep aside for 30 min.
- Store in an airtight container.