Watermelon Rind Halwa Recipe / How To Make Watermelon Rind Pudding / Tarbooj Tokku Halwa / Tarbooj Chhilke Ka Halwa / Watermelon Skin Halwa
Watermelon is favorite fruit of summer season. We can have watermelon as a fruit or we can also takeout it juice. Additionally we can also use the watermelon rind / chhilka to make delicious pudding or halwa. Watermelon Rind is white part of watermelon , which is between watermelon pulp and skin. Watermelon Rind Halwa Recipe is very easy, delicious and tasty recipe. We normally discard the rind or chhilka (White part) along with the skin. But this part of watermelon is having a lot of vitamins, minerals, fiber and especially Antioxidants which is very important for our body. Halwa is made of watermelon rind, khoya or mawa, sugar and ghee. Flavor it with cardamom powder and Garnish with fried cashew nut, almond and kishmish. Store it in refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Grated Watermelon Rind (Only white part not red or green skin) – 2 cup
- Khoya or Mawa – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Green Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tbs
- Chopped Almond or Badam- 1 tbsp
- Chopped cashew nut or Kaju- 1 tbsp
- Kishmish or Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Heat the 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan on medium flame, add almond and kaju.
- Fry it for 1 min after that add raisin and fry it till they turns little golden brown.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan over the medium flame, add mawa into it.
- Stir constantly and when there is slight change in color that means is roasted and ready.
- Turn off the flame, keep aside and allow the mawa to cool.
- Heat the 2 tbsp of ghee in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add grated watermelon rind.
- Cover and cook it for 6 to 7 min.
- Stir it continuously and cook it for again 7 to 8 min.
- Cook it till rind gets soft or the puree becomes thicken.
- Remove the extra water and add the sugar, mix well.
- Cook it till mixture becomes thick.
- Add grated mawa and mix well.
- Fry it till the halwa reduces into a deep amber and glossy mixture.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with fried raisins, kaju and almonds.
- Serve hot or cold watermelon rind halwa.