Aloo Tikki Chole Chaat Recipe / Aloo Tikki Chaat / Chole Tikki Chaat
Aloo Tikki Chole Chaat Recipe is a popular street food of North India. Aloo tikki can be used to make many varieties of snacks and chaats. Aloo Tikki are spiced potato patties or sometimes they are stuffed with various fillings. Topped with spicy chickpea gravy, green chutney, sweet chutney, curd, onion, tomato and sev. It is a delicious and spicy chaat recipe.
- Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
For the Aloo Tikki:
Boiled and Peeled Potato – 1 cup
Boiled Pea – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup
Finely Chopped Green Chill or Hari Mirch – 3-4 nos
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying tikki – 2-3 tbsp
- Chaat Masala – 1-11/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
For the Chole:
- Finely Chopped onion – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/4 cup
- Thin Sev -1/3 cup
- Sweet Chutney – 2-3 tbsp
- Curd or Dahi (whisked it till smooth) – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
- For making Aloo Tikki:—–
- In a big bowl, add boiled potato and pea, mash it properly with the help of masher.
- Then add green chill, coriander leaves, chaat masala, salt and fresh lemon juice, mix it together.
- Divide the mixture into 6 or 7 equal portions and make patty of it.
- Heat a non-stick tawa on medium flame for shallow frying.
- Grease it with a little oil, place the tikkis on it.
- Using a little oil till they turn golden brown in colour and crispy from both sides.
- Remove it to plate and keep aside.
- How to make Aloo Tikki Chole Chaat:—-
- Just before serving, reheat the chole.
- Place 2-3 tikkis in a plate.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the chole evenly over it.
- Pour 3-4 tbsp curds, 1-2 tbsp green chutney and 1-2 tbsp sweet chutney or according to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped onion, tomato and coriander leaves.
- Finally garnish thin sev.
- Repeat the same process for next plates.
- Serve immediately.